AccuPyc 1340 Pycnometer provides high-speed, high-precision measurements for determining the true density of powders, solids, and slurries.
Gas pycnometer is recognized as one of the most reliable techniques for obtaining true, absolute, skeletal, and apparent volume and density. This non-destructive technique utilizes the gas displacement method to measure the volume of a material. Inert gases, such as helium used as the displacement medium for gas pycnometer. Density determinations from the gas displacement method are more accurate, reproducible, and faster than the traditional Archimedes water displacement method.
- 10 cc nominal cell volume; contains 1 cc and 3.5 cc cups for smaller volume measurements.
- Using for density measurements of powders, emulsions and foams.
- Automatic device calibration
- The device can use computer software or without (Stand alone).
- The final result is calculated average of several measurements.