During the first two years of studies, students acquire a solid foundation in mathematics and basic sciences, followed by in-depth studies of the various fundamentals of materials engineering: the structure of materials; thermodynamics and kinetics; mechanical, electrical, optical and electrochemical properties; metallic, ceramic, polymer and electronic materials. The last year consists largely of elective courses in a variety of subjects and a final research project. Throughout the course of study, the many laboratory exercises enable students to internalize the material they learned in the classroom and to apply it directly to the real world through hands-on experience using a wide spectrum of experimental methodologies in materials research.
The compulsory courses include:
- Basic courses in mathematics, physics, chemistry, computers and English.
- The fundamental courses in materials science: the structure and composition of crystalline and amorphous materials, thermodynamics, kinetics and the mechanical behavior of materials.
- Courses focusing on the properties of metals, plastic materials, ceramic materials, composite materials, electronic materials and the electrochemical properties of materials.
- Engineering courses: content and schematics, numerical analysis, momentum, heat and mass transfer, materials processing and manufacturing and materials selection.
The BSc in Materials Engineering is a four-year degree program.
Program to specialize in a bachelor’s degree in materials engineering in the field of data computation –
A collection of courses intended for students of the Materials Engineering program (four years) in the field of data computation. Graduates of the course collection will receive a certificate of internship from the department.
The course collection on computation includes the following courses: Introduction to Python, Introduction to Data Analysis, Methods for Analyzing Materials Using a Computer, Introduction to Computational Materials Science, Project in Materials Engineering on Computations, Data Management Course.
– The program opens in October 2020