3Flex is a high-performance adsorption analyzer for measuring surface area, pore size, and pore volume of powders and particulate materials. Standard methods or user-adapted protocols can be used to characterize absorbents, catalysts, zeolite MOFs, APIs, fillers and a wide range of porous and non-porous materials. 3Flex is ideally suited for analyzing gas or vapor adsorption of materials with micro porous (<2 nm) and meso porous (2 to 50 nm) and provides excellent data accuracy and resolution.
- 3FLEX Is an automatic device that allows the measurement of physical adsorption and chemical adsorption and has the most high accuracy and resolution.
- Different samples can be measured on the device: powders, foams, solids.
- The size of the sample is up to a diameter of 1 cm.
- The porous distribution (from non-porous to micro-porous to meso porous) and chemical activity of the sample can be measured.
- Measurements can also be performed at high temperatures, up to 1100oC with high and precise cooling rates, and also at temperature of liquid nitrogen.
- Different gases can be used for measurements : He, Kr, CO, CO2, H2, N2
- The samples that can be characterized by 3Flex include: drugs, ceramics, adsorbents, activated carbon, carbon black catalysts, medical implants, electronic materials, cosmetics.
|3Flex Physisorption Only||3Flex Chemisorption|
|Temperature Control||45 °C, ±0.05 °C with 3 strategically placed RTDs||45 °C, ±0.05 °C with 3 strategically placed RTDs|
|Adsorptive Gas Inlets||6||12 standard; optional up to 16|
|Vapor Sorption Option||Standard ports 1 and 2, optional port 3 with heated vapor source||Standard ports 1 and 2, optional port 3 with heated vapor source|
|Furnace||N/A||Ambient to 1100°C
Programmable from 0.1 to 50 °C/min
|Degas||3 in situ, 6 additional with SmartVac Prep||3 in situ, 6 additional with SmartVac Prep|
|Analysis Range||1.3 x 10-9 to 1.0 P/P0||1 x 10-6 to 900 torr|
|Available Micropore Ports||up to 3||up to 3, one port dual purpose chemisorption and physisorption|
|Dosing and Evacuation Control||Proprietary Servo||Proprietary Servo|
|Roughing Pump||4 stage diaphragm||4 stage diaphragm|
|Krypton Analysis||Standard 1 port, optional up to 3 ports||Standard 1 port, optional up to 3 ports|
|Analysis Gas Per Sample||Ability to use up to 3 gases concurrently, one probe gas on each port|
|Minimum Measurable Surface Area||Standard 0.01 m2 /g 0.01 m2 /g Krypton 0.0005 m2 /g 0.0005 m2 /g|