- D.Sc. 1969 (Technion)
Appointments at the Technion
- Deputy Senior Vice President for Intentional Academic Relations (2006-2008), Dean of Continuing Education and External Studies (2000-2003), Dean of the Faculty of Materials Science and Engineering (1993-1997), Professor of Materials Science and Engineering (1990).
- Adjunct Senior Research Scientist (2012); Visiting Senior Research Scientist (2003-2004, 2008-2009), Department of Applied Physics and Applied Mathematics, The Fu Foundation School of engineering and Applied Science, Columbia University, New York, USA.
- Visiting Senior Scientist, United Technologies Research Center, East Hartford, Connecticut and the Department of Ceramics and Materials Engineering, Rutgers University, NJ, USA (1997 and 1998 – 1999).
- Visiting Scientist, Ecole des Superior des Mines des Paris, Centre des Matériaux Pierre-Marie Fourt, ARMINES, Evry, France, (July of 1990, 1995 & 2001).
- Visiting Professor, NTT Basic Research Laboratories, Morinosato Atsugi- shi Kanaguwa, Japan (July-August 1994).
- Sir Alan Sewell Visiting Professor, the School of Microelectronic Engineering, Griffith University, Brisbane, Australia (June-August 1993).
- Visiting Scientist, IBM Corporation, T.J. Watson Research Center, Yorktown Heights, NY, U.S.A., (1982-1983; 1988-1989, and July-Sept. of 1975, 1984, 1985, 1986 & 1991).
- Visiting Scientist, The Microelectronic Technology Center and the Department of Electrical Engineering, Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology, Melbourne, Australia, (July-Aug. 1987).
- Maitre de Conferences, Laboratories p.m.t.m, University Paris (XIII) Nord, France, (July 1979).
- Visiting Associate Professor of Metallurgy and Materials Science, Carnegie-Mellon University, Pittsburgh, Pa. 15213, U.S.A (1977-1978).
- Member of Technical Staff, Bell Laboratories, 600 Mountain Avenue, Murray Hill, N.J. 07974, U.S.A., (July-Sept. 1973).
- Research Associate, Department of Materials Science and Engineering, Cornell University, Ithaca, N.Y. 14850, U.S.A., (1969 – 1971).
- Member of the Editorial Board and Associate Editor, Materials Science and Engineering B, Elsevier Science Publisher (2000 to-date).
- Member of the Editorial Board, Functional Materials Letters, World Scientific Publishing Co. (2007 to-date).
- Scientific Advisor, iValue, New York, N.Y. USA (2009 to-date)
- Member of the National committee for Acedemia – Industry Relations, Israel National Council for Research and Development (2008-2010).
- Chairman of the Technology Advisory Board, ValueLink (2004-2006).
- Chairman of the committee to evaluate Materials Engineering in Israel, the Israeli Council for Higher Education; Planning and Budgeting (2002 – 2003).
- Coordinator of STARS-Israel, Space Project of School Students, sponsored by the Ministry of Education, the Technion and the Israeli Space Agency (1999 – 2003).
- Member of the Scientific Advisory Board, SPACEHAB, Washington DC, USA. (1998-2001).
- Senior Consultant United Technologies Research Center, East Hartford, USA (2000).
- Academic Coordinator and Member of the Steering and Advisory Committee, the “0.25µm Consortium”, Ministry of Industry and Commerce, Israel (1994-1997).
- Co-Chairman of the French-Israeli Foundation (AFIRST) National Committee for Research in Materials Sciences (1994-1997).
- Consultant, “SELA”, Haifa, Israel (1991-1992), A.G. Associates, Palo Alto, California, U.S.A. (1985 & 1987), California Micro Devices, Milpitas, California, U.S.A. (1983) and Sierra Monitor Corporation, Sunnyvale, California, U.S.A. (July 1981).
- Member of the Council for Higher Education committee to recommend establishment of a new Metallurgy Department in Israel (1981-1982).
- Advisor to the Israel National Council for Research and Development for the evaluation of Aims in Research and Development in Electron Microscopy in Israel (1973-1974).
Electronic and Sensors materials; Semiconductor and Metal films; Electrical and Physical properties; Microstructure; Defects and Mass transport. Funded by foundations such as the Israeli National Academy of Science, the USA-Israel Binational Science Foundation (BSF), the Israeli National Council for Research and Development, the Israeli Ministry of Science and Technology, the Israeli Ministry of Defense, Volkswagen-Stiftung, Germany and by industries such as the Israel Aircraft Industry, Zoran, Sunnyvale, California, U.S.A., A.G. Associates, Palo Alto, California, U.S.A., National Semiconductors (I.C.) Ltd., Israel, Intel, Israel and Tower Semi-Conductors, Israel.
Supervised 31 Graduate Students
Published over 160 papers in scientific journals and conference proceedings and over 40 research reports.