- D. – Physics, Hebrew University of Jerusalem, 2016
- Sc. – Physics, Hebrew University of Jerusalem, 2011
- – Physics, Hebrew University of Jerusalem, 2008
- 2020-Present: Assistant Professor in the Department of Materials Science and Engineering, Technion, Haifa
- 2016-2020: Postdoctoral research at University of California San Diego with Prof. Ivan. K. Schuller.
Selected Honors & Awards
- 2014 Schuller prize for excellence in experimental physics, HU.
- 2013 Superconductivity theory Winter School – Plenary lecture as winner of best poster – Florida State University, USA.
- 2012 Nano-Center annual convention Prize and Plenary lecture – Hebrew University.
- 2011 Best poster prize at faculty day – Hebrew University
- 2008 Dean’s list of third year BSc Physics.
Kalcheim, A Camjayi, J del-Valle, P Salev, M Rozenberg, IK Schuller
Nature communications 2020, 11, 2985Caloritronics based Mott neuristor
J del-Valle J, P Salev P, Y Kalcheim, Schuller IK
Scientific Reports 2020, 10, 4292Subthreshold firing in Mott nanodevices
J del-Valle, P Salev, F Tesler, NM Vargas, Y Kalcheim, P Wang, J Trastoy, MH Lee, G Kassabian, JG Ramirez, MJ Rozenberg, IK Schuller
Nature 2019, 569, 388Giant non-volatile resistive switching in a Mott oxide and ferroelctric oxide
P Salev, J del-Valle, Y Kalcheim, IK Schuller
Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences 2019, 116 (18), 8798Robust Coupling between Structural and Electronic Transitions in a Mott Material
Kalcheim, N Butakov, NM Vargas, MH Lee, J del-Valle, J Trastoy, P Salev, IK Schuller
Physical Review Letters 2019, 122 (5), 057601Intertwined magnetic, structural and electronic phase transitions in a Mott insulator
B Frandsen, Y Kalcheim, I Valmianski, A Mcleod, Z Guguchia, SC Cheung, A Hallas, M Wilson, Y Cai, G Luke, Z Salman, T Prokscha, T Murakami, H Kageyama, DN Basov, IK Schuller, T Uemura
Physical Review B (2019), 100, 235156Electrically induced multiple metal-insulator transitions in oxide nanodevices.
J del Valle, Y Kalcheim, J Trastoy, A Charnukha, DN Basov, IK Schuller
Physical Review Applied 2017, 8, 054041
Dynamic control of the vortex pinning potential in a superconductor using current injection through nanoscale patterns
Kalcheim, E Katzir, F Zeides, N Katz, Y Paltiel, O Millo
Nano Letters 2017, 17 (5), 2934
Magnetic field dependence of the proximity induced triplet superconductivity in ferromagnet/superconductor interfaces.
Kalcheim, O Millo, T Kirzhner, G Koren, M Egilmez, A di Bernardo, MG Blamire, JWA Robinson
Physical Review B 2014, 89, 180506 – rapid communication
Evidence for anisotropic triplet superconductor order parameter in half-metallic ferromagnetic La0.7Ca0.3Mn3O proximity coupled to superconducting Pr1.85Ce0.15CuO4
Y Kalcheim, O Millo, M Egilmez, J Robinson, M Blamire
Physical Review B 2012, 85 104504
Long-range proximity effect in La2/3Ca1/3MnO3/(100)YBa2Cu3O7-δ ferromagnet/superconductor bilayers: Evidence for induced triplet superconductivity in the ferromagnet
Kalcheim, T Kirzhner, G Koren, O Millo
Physical Review B 2011, 83, 064510 (‘editor's suggestion’)
- Interplay between structural, magnetic and electronic degrees of freedom in strongly correlated materials
- Resistive switching in transition metal oxides – electrical triggering of insulator-to-metal transitions and oxygen migration
- Roles of defects in Mott insulators – linking microscopic electronic properties to collective phenomena
- Dynamic properties of Mott insulators driven out of equilibrium
- Energy efficient neuromorphic computation based on Mott insulator hardware: solid state neurons and synapses and their coupling
These topics are explored using a combination of state of the art fabrication and characterization techniques including: sputtering, x-ray diffractometry, transport, lithography, muon spin rotation, quantum sensing using NV-centers and cryogenic optical and scanning probe microscopy.
We look forward to hearing from you!