Horev fellow – supported by the Taub Foundation: ‘Leaders in Science and Technology.’
- Postdoctoate training – Quantum Nanostructures and Nanofabrication group, MIT.
- PhD. – Nanoscience Centre (Trinity Hal), University of Cambridge, UK.
- MSc. – Physics, Weizmann Institute of Science.
- BSc. – Physics and chemistry (Exact Sciences Program), Hebrew University of Jerusalem.
All for one and one for all
The main effort is put towards understanding and controlling the collective behavior in the best and (almost) worst conductors in nature–superconductors and ferroelectrics–at the nanoscale, where the 'collectiveness' emerges. Technically, this effort includes:
- Processing nano structures (thin-film growth and nano-fabrication tools and techniques).
- Characterizing structural and functional properties (functional AFM, TEM and SPM).
- Developing characterization techniques (e.g. functional AFM).
- Developing nano devices based on the material functionality.
- Advanced electrical and electro-optical characterization of the nano devices and nano structures
- “Flux Closure Vortexlike Domain Structures in Ferroelectric Thin Films.” Y. Ivry, DP. Chu , J. F. Scott , and C. Durkan; Physical Review Letters 10, 207602 (2010).
- “Universal scaling of the critical temperature for thin films near the superconducting-to-insulating transition.” Y. Ivry, CS Kim , A. E. Dane , D. De Fazio , A. McCaughan , K. A. Sunter , Q. Zhao and K. K. Berggren; Physical Review B 90 214515 (2014).
- Unexpected Controllable Pair-Structure in Ferroelectric Nanodomains.” Y. Ivry, DP. Chu , J. F. Scott , E. K. H. Ekhard and C. Durkan; Nano Letters 11 4619 (2011).
- “Nano-Domain Pinning in Ferroelastic-Ferroelectrics by Extended Structural Defects”
Y. Ivry, C. Durkan , DP. Chu and J.F. Scott; Online: Advanced Functional Materials 24 5567 (2014).
- “High-frequency programmable acoustic wave device realized through ferroelectric domain engineering. ” Y. Ivry, N. Wang and C. Durkan; Applied Physics Letters 104, 133505 (2014).
- “Domains Beyond the Grain Boundary.” Y. Ivry, DP. Chu , J.F. Scott , E.K.H. Ekhard and C. Durkan; Advanced Functional Materials 21 1827 (2011).
- “Unexpected Controllable Pair-Structure in Ferroelectric Nanodomains.” Y. Ivry, DP. Chu , J. F. Scott , E. K. H. Ekhard and C. Durkan; Nano Letters 11 4619 (2011).
- Functional materials with collective electron behavior
- Microscopy methods of nanoscale and atomic-scale dynamics with in-situ control of functional properties (some examples)
- Development of novel quantum materials and devices
- From materials to devices
- Ferroelectrics, superconductors
Please visit our website for more details: ivry.net.technion.ac.il