The dual focused ion beam FIB at the Technion was purchased with the support of TELEM, and the Russell Berrie Nanotechnology Institute. The system is based on a FEI Strata 400s.
The Strata 400 STEM DualBeam system is a fully digital Field Emission Scanning Electron Microscope (FE-SEM) equipped with Focused Ion Beam (FIB) technology and Flipstage/STEM assembly. The Strata was upgraded with PIA (Patterning and Image Acquisition Board). It allows for complete in-situ sample preparation and high-resolution analysis and patterning.
The key enabling technologies are all integrated onto a single platform such as:
- Patterning and Image Acquisition Board (16 Bit PIA).
- Ultra-high resolution electron optics (magnetic immersion lens with ultra-high brightness Sirion emitter) with SE and BSE in-lens detection and STEM imaging.
- High-resolution (field emission) Ion Optics (SidewinderTM column).
- Advanced control of Gas Chemistries including Delineation Etch, Metal Etch, C Deposition, Pt Deposition, SiO2Deposition, and Au Deposition.
- High-precision specimen stage with 100 mm travel along the x and y axes, and integrated loadlock.
- Omniprobe 200 sample extraction system for lift-out TEM specimen preparation.
- Flipstage pivoting TEM grid mount.
- Retractable, multi-region STEM detector.
- A high-resolution 4k digital patterning engine.
- Automation with full access to E-beam, I-beam, patterning and gas chemistry functionality.
- The system architecture is optimized for automation, which is includes AutoFIB, AutoTEM, AutoSlice and View, and the ability to develope custom-made routines for specific application needs.
Service is provided for all academic and industrial users by Dr. Tzipi Cohen-Hyams.
for more information: Dr. Tzipi Cohen-Hyams
Office: +972-4-829-5125 FIB lab: +972-4-8295144